DR. SAVELY'S PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON TICK-BORNE DISEASES AND RELATED TOPICS
Click on the underlined articles to download a pdf of the article.
- Beyond the Textbook, in the My Most Unusual Patient column Clinician News, August 2005
(article about Lyme manifesting with GI symptoms)
- Trigeminal Neuralgia and Demyelinating Plaques:–MS or Lyme Disease?
ADVANCE for Nurse Practitioners, September 2005
- When to Suspect Lyme Disease in Children. The Lyme Times:
Pediatric Issue, CA Lyme Disease Association. Fall 2000
- Lyme Disease in Children: Nurses Can Learn to Recognize the Red Flags.
ADVANCE for Nurses, October 2005
- Lyme Disease Testing, The Lancet Infectious Diseases, vol 6, March 2006. Phillips, Burrascano, Horowitz, Savely & Stricker
- Possible Role of Tick-Borne Infection in "Cat Scratch Disease", Comment on the article by Giladi, et al., Arthritis & Rheumatism, 2006, Jan 26; 54(7); 2347-2348. Stricker, Brewer, Burrascano, Horowitz, Johnson, Phillips, Savely, & Sherr
- Rosner, Bryan. 2008 Lyme Disease Annual Report. Two chapters authored by Ginger Savely. Biomed Publishing Group: CA
- Safety of intravenous antibiotic therapy in chronic Lyme disease.
Journal of Investigative Medicine, 2008, 56:190 (Abstract) Stricker, Green, Savely, & Chamallas.
- Update on Lyme Disease: The Hidden Epidemic.
Journal of Infusion Nursing, 31(4), July – August, 2008
- Complement split products C3a and C4a in chronic Lyme disease. Scandinavian Journal of Immunology, 69(1), 64-69. Stricker,Savely, Montanya, & Gigler.
- Safety of intravenous antibiotic therapy in patients referred for treatment of neurologic Lyme disease. Minerva Medica,101(1):1-7. Stricker RB, Green CL, Savely VR, Chamallas SN & Johnson, L (2010).
- Benefit of Intravenous Antibiotic Therapy in Patients Referred for Treatment of Neurologic Lyme Disease, International Journal of General Medicine, 2011, Sept 3. Stricker, DeLong, Green, Savely, Chamallas & Johnson
To read about the CD57 test and what it means, click here.
To read an explanation of the C3a and C4a test, click here.
To read about gestational Lyme, click here.
To read about Lyme presenting as a GI problem, click here.
To read about the association of Lyme with ALS, click here.
To read about the association of Lyme with MS, click here.